Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Totally Renovated Townhome Part III - The Kitchen

The one place you'll always want to invest in is the kitchen. Indeed, my clients felt the same way and the bulk of the budget was allocated to creating this gorgeous dream kitchen! Let me walk you through the process.
BEFORE: The only thing we kept in this kitchen was the KitchenAid fridge and Bosch dishwasher.


PROCESS: After I spoke with my clients on what they would like to see in their kitchen, I started dreaming it up and created a very general rendering of the kitchen to get an idea of the placement

PROCESS: After sourcing the appliances and giving the specs to the cabinet maker, we finalize the kitchen plan, sign off on it, and they begin making the cabinets. I create a lighting plan at this point as well.
PROGRESS: Meanwhile the kitchen is being gutted!
PROGRESS: For this particular project, my client wanted to go to the showrooms to see the light fixtures (I can also bring photos to show the client). We find the perfect pendant lights for above the island.

 The cabinets have arrived!!
 They carefully begin to install the cabinets
 AFTER: The beautiful result of a fully installed, custom designed kitchen. This kitchen features shaker style maple cabinets, a double wall oven/ microwave convection oven duo, a countertop gas range, and beautiful Caesarstone countertops with a bit of sparkle.
 I also had LED under cabinet lighting installed, which adds a wonderful effect on the carrara marble backsplash.


 Out of dozens of backsplashes, the one we finalized went beautifully with the clean lines of this townhouse. The faucet chosen was from Ginger's.
 I love the features of this kitchen, including a sauce pull out.
 A magic corner pull out feature allows you to store more pots!
 A duo garbage/ recycling pull out is built into the island.
 The client asked for a shoe rack as the back door to the garage happens to enter into the kitchen, so I custom designed this matching cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment