Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Townhouse Project - Kitchen in White, Blues & Grays


Kitchen Before
 I know it's been a really long time since I posted, but i've been super busy (which is good!) I've been really blessed with projects back to back this year so I haven't had much time to collect photos (and my thoughts too... sometimes :) Anyway, back to the project. I had a lot of fun doing this house because it is the first house that my former roomate in university bought with her husband. After searching for a house and not finding what they wanted, they decided to buy a house with a good layout and hire us to create their dream house!Congratulations Ada & Garway!
We kept the same basic layout of the original kitchen, but we designed new white shaker style cabinets (complete with a new microwave shelf - a must have in any modern kitchen to maximize countertop space), added a chimney range hood and granite countertops. The whole entire first floor was painted one of my favourite shades of all time "Gray Cashmere (2138-60)" By Benjamin Moore . It's a great blue-gray shade that compliments kitchens and hallways very well (great for open concept) because it picks up the lights and darks in shadows and interprets them in gorgeous tones. Plus, we kept the flooring to keep the budget down, and the paint colour really helped to cool down the red tones.
The builder's original layout for the pantry wasn't very functional. What's up with the desk and the single pantry? I love how this double pantry turned out. These were custom built pantries look great (and even better in person- where the shaker doors are more obvious). There are more pictures to come for the rest of the house, but the project is still in progress... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment